1. Foreigners travelling to Azerbaijan for study have to get a relevant visa (except for the citizens of the countries applying a visa-free-regime http://mfa.gov.az/en/content/189 with Azerbaijan) from the Azerbaijani Embassy accredited in their countries). In order to timely begin your studies at BHOS we would recommend you to start visa application procedures as soon as possible. In case if there is not an Azerbaijani embassy accredited in your country, we will provide you with the admission letter and assistance for applying for visa. For specific visa procedures and documents checklist please contact the Azerbaijani Embassy to your country.
2. The electronic visa issued within 3 working days through “ASAN Visa” system determines the duration of stay in the country up to 30 days and the state fee is 20 USD. Despite of non-working days and holidays, urgent visa issuing opportunity within 3 hours through “ASAN Visa” system had been created. In this regard, getting detailed information by visiting www.evisa.gov.az foreigners and stateless persons may apply for the electronic visa.
We recommend you to apply for a study visa for the duration of 3 months. Also, foreigners are required to be registered at the State Migration Service within 15 days after entering the borders of Azerbaijan.
3. Foreigners are required to get a temporary residence permit from the State Migration Service at least one month before the expiration of their visa. Upon successful completion of the specific academic year, the duration of your residence permit will be extended for another one year period. The temporary residence permit allows you to enter/exit the borders of Azerbaijan for the permit specified duration period without the necessity of visa. We will be happy to assist you in this regard.
Please, check https://www.migration.gov.az/home/booklet.
Documents required for registration of foreigners and stateless persons at the place of their residence in the Azerbaijan Republic:
- • 2 copies of passport or other cross-border document;
- • 2 copies of visa;
- • 2 photoes in 3x4sm;
- • Medical certificate;
- • Documents of residence to be registered.